Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Swiss Engagement- E-DAY Pt.1

Did you know Aubrey and I got engaged in Switzerland? Seriously, we did exacty 4 years and 1 day ago. It would have been in Paris if I hadn't been noncompliant with making a nighttime trip up the Eiffel Tower (by the way, I'm glad I was stubborn. It turned out great!)



E-Day started out like any other day. I got up, brushed my teeth, hopped in the shower... Oh, wait... I was in flippin Interlaken, Switzerland! This was the view from our window:
(By the way, this is pure straight out of the camera color...oh. my. gosh....beautiful.)




Think that's some high priced luxury suite window? Think again. This view was at the righteous price of 13.50 Euros per person courtesy of the Backpackers Hostel-Interlaken. You can't really ask for more than a roof and clean sheets... oh, and perhaps a bed you don't have to climb. Bonus! The staff was awesome and there's an attached bar. Double bonus!




Note: That is not a fanny pack. That is a travel belt wallet and our travel belt wallet can beat up your travel belt wallet any day of the week.



We made our way to the train station and made the journey up to Gimmelwald, which could quite possibly be my favorite European destination save Paris. This journey consists of a regular train ride, a switch to a local line and, *gasp* this:



I'm okay...

Holy Crap....
Oh, look, a waterfall...
AUBREY! IF YOU SHAKE THIS THING ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU!


It's just the nerves talkin... gondolas will do that to you.

But, oh, was it worth it...

Breath deep....


Go ahead, I won't stop you...


Now, that's some fresh mountain air!



This was actually my last chance to take it all in before Aubrey took my breath away...
(but not before I got to yell, "RIIIIIIIICOLAAAAAAAA!!!!!" Don't act like you weren't thinkin' it.)



Stay tuned for E-day PART 2...

2 comments:

soonerchick said...

Damn girl! You are one lucky girl!! Happy Anniversary.

The Napkin Dad said...

sweet! What a great way to get engaged! congrats even if it is a bit late.