Thursday, January 31, 2008

Blackberry and Peach Cobbler

Ahhh. Sweet and delicious Blackberry cobbler. I've been wanting some of this for a few days now and finally got around to making it. It's another Pioneer Woman recipe and it's easy as pie... actually, easier! Check it:

1 cup sugar
1 cup self-rising flower
( mix these together)
1 cup milk ( whisk it in baby)
1/2 cup melted butter ( that's one whole stick- add it in there! Now whisk it! Whisk it good!)
Put the cobbler mixture in a buttered baking dish
2 cups Blackberries ( of the fresh or frozen variety- Just throw them on top)
1/4 cup more sugar ( sprinkle over the top of all that beauty)*
Bake for an hour at 350 degrees. That's that.

* This is "all that beauty" before it gets sprinkled with sugar and popped in the oven.
For an extra tasty alternative I made one with peaches and blackberries. I'm usually not one to brag but this was the best cobbler I have ever had. No joke. You may kiss my ring.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Holy crap, this cobbler is beautiful! It should be photographed for a cookbook.

So, how was the peach and blackberry combo? That actually sounds good to me, The Great Never Reaches for Peaches (my Native American name).