Anyway, I'm still not quite back to my level of enthusiasm for trying new and complicated recipes and the summer heat is no time to be spent in the kitchen. That's why I love this salad that Aubrey and I invented. Heat involvement is limited, it's super filling, and perfectly summery. And, I can keep up the 2012 no recipe trend because this salad doesn't really have one.
But here's the gist:
Tropical Shrimp Salad
(Serves 1 hungry guy and 1 hungry pregnant person)
- Generous Portion of Salad Greens ( I use 50/50 Spring Mix and Baby Spinach)
- A variety of chopped fruit as long as you include mango ( because otherwise the "Tropical" title would just be dumb.) My favorite combo thus far has been red grapes, asian pear, and champagne mango.
- About 1b. of large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on.
- Awesome Shrimp marinade- Dijon Mustard, Soy Sauce, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Orange Marmalade, and Honey (optional) to taste. It should taste more sweet than mustardy so go easy on the mustard.
- Delicious Dressing- Orange Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Honey, Herbs De Provence, and a dash of crushed red pepper. Salt and Pepper to taste- Blend well- should total about 1/2 cup ( someday I will measure what I actually do here.)
- Marinate shrimp and let set for 10 minutes or so, then skewer shrimp ( about 6 to a long skewer.)
- In the meantime, chop up your fruit.
- Arrange on greens like shown...
- Grill Shrimp about 1 minute on each side and then place on salad. Don't forget the dressing!!!
- And, that's it. It's amazing. I hope you'll try it!