I baked cookies and didn't burn them which is good because these happen to be Aubrey's favorite cookies.
Me: Aubrey, how would you describe the cookies I just made?
Me: No, like if you had to describe the flavor?Aub: Delicious.
Me: No, I mean, so I could tell people what they taste like?!?!?
Aub: Extra delicious.
Ugh. Let's just give some background info-- I'm not a huge white chocolate fan and I couldn't classify "White Chocolate Macadamia Nut" as my favorite cookie, despite Aubrey's insistence that I just need to try one every time we go to Subway. I have tried one. Many times. And, I still don't choose it. With that said, I ate about 14 of these in 10 seconds flat. Or, maybe over the course of two days, but, I could have and that's the point. Yay for perspective.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies ( a.k.a. The best cookies I've ever made)
Makes about 4 dozen ( Adapted from recipe found at allrecipes.com)
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; gradually stir mix into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.